Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Postcards & photos needed!

Travel & news discussion about Barbados

Moderator: Lois

Postcards & photos needed!

Postby positivelypostal » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:53 am

Hi there. I am hoping this will be o.k. to post here.
I have set up a website Positively Postal which is here to illustrate all things postal - be that letters, stamps, post offices, postal vehicles, post office advertising and postal workers - and to promote such examples of postal culture from all around the world.
These items will then go on to form part of a permanent display in a bricks and mortar building for people to visit. This building will be The Positively Postal Resource and Education Centre, and in conjunction with the website it will exist to inform, educate and stimulate an interest in all things postal.
So any intrepid travellers to Barbados if you could please send a card from the area you are in to Positively Postal, P.O. Box 738, Richmond, Surrey, U.K. TW9 1ZR that would be great. Any postal pics would also be much appreciated.
I went to Barbados myself in November 2004 and had a fantastic time!
I have written a small feature about a recent set of stamps from Barbados which you can read here :
http://www.positivelypostal.co.uk/stamping.htm
(scroll down - it's the 6th item)
Sincere apologies if this is not entirely suitable to post here but hopefully I will get the benefit of the doubt. All cards and pics will be featured on the site at some point so Barbados will get a good mention! Thanks, Scott.
positivelypostal

Postby Anthony » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:59 pm

Scott I will let this comment stand but really it is not what the site is for or about. There are plenty of things related to Barbados, but you are promoting something entirely off the subject really - and providing a link that will take people from this site. So - like I said - this can stay, your intentions seem admirable, but I would prefer not to have these types of posts in general. Not trying to be a jerk about the whole issue but I think it illustrates the kind of thing that is hard for webmasters/site owners to deal with. I want to provide a place to share relevant info, but also don't want a user and potential client to leave the site for another site that really isn't about Barbados travel or was not posted in a response to someone's question. Basically it amounts to a free ad.
Anthony for Caribbean-On-Line
Anthony
Site Admin

Positively Postal

Postby positivelypostal » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:46 pm

Anthony, many thanks for letting the posting stay on this occasion and I promise that if I get any cards and/or photos from Barbados they will go up on the site. I do realise it is an advert for my site but it will be an advert for Barbados as well! Best wishes from the U.K.
Scott.
positivelypostal

Return to Barbados Travel Forum