the West Indies
$12.95

Current weather? Comments on Crystal Cove

Travel & news discussion about Barbados

Moderator: Lois

Current weather? Comments on Crystal Cove

Postby Zoesmom » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:04 pm

Hi
Does anyone have any comments to share on Crystal Cove hotel in St. James?

Also we are planning a trip for Feb 16 2006 late next week. Does anyone know how the weather has been lately? I see lots of scattered showers and wind in the forecast and it has me worried....

Thanks!
Zoesmom

Postby Suzy » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:35 pm

My daughter returned on Monday and said they had two quite rainy days in the 14,one on the day they arrived and the other on the day they left, it rained during the night a few times but they still came back with a good colour. Stayed at Crystal Cove myself last year and had a good holiday, I thought it very expensive for what we got, the room was clean but dated, the Cave Bar could get oppressive and service was slow. The food was good at times poor at others, we were never hungry and the girls in reception arranged trips etc and were always most helpful, the majority of the staff were great a few surly ones even if you tried to be friendly. The gardens are lovely and it is a very picturesque setting, nice beach, plenty of water sports. All in all a good holiday but didn't come cheap.
Suzy

Thanks for the info

Postby Zoesmom » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:42 am

Thanks for the information Suzy. We decided to stay at a place called Little Arches in Christ Church.
I hope the weather holds up!
Zoesmom

Postby CaribSurfer » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:08 pm

Don't pay any attention to the weather forecasts you get on-line. They always show rain. That's because it the tropics and it usually rains soewhere on the island, at some time just about every day. What the forecasts don't tell you is that there showers are often very brief and very localed. It's not unusual for it to be raining in one location with bright sushine 1/4 mile away. While no one can give you any guarantees when it comes to dealing with mother nature you'll probably have more need for sunblock than you will for an umbrella. Don't fret about the weather, there's nothing you can do about it.
CaribSurfer

Postby Nicky » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:39 am

Zoesmum,

You are so lucky ataying at Little Arches. We had a look in there last year and loved it, but its a bit above our price band, as we're going for 3 weeks this time.

We go on 17th, so I too am crossing my fingers for some gorgeous weather in the coming weeks. I can't wait, I am so excited!!!

I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Nicky
Nicky

Thanks

Postby Zoesmom » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:43 am

Thanks Nicky - I will post a little "review" of Little Arches (and the weather) when I return. It does look great - and we are staying only 4 nights so we splurged a little.

I hope you have a great trip, too.
Zoesmom

Weather

Postby rumguy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:31 pm

I agree with weather comments above. Even if it does rain it is still 28-30C. The showers are refreshing and replenish the local water supply. I noticed that everything was more lush than it had been on my previous trips-I'm talking here about the foliage- because of a little bit of extra moisture.. Enjoy!
rumguy

oooh

Postby louise » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:09 am

you going away tomorow u lucky, lucky, lucky things!
louise

Postby sean » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:43 am

I looked at the weather forecast and it looked scary but this thread made me feel better. We're at Little Arches arriving Thursday.
sean

Postby Nicky » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:14 am

Another lucky Little Arches person.....I'm jealous!

I looked at the BBC 5-day forecast this morning and it was forecasting light showers for Thurs/Fri and sun on Sat/Sun.

I was worried as a poster on another forum said he'd just come back from two weeks there and had rain every day. I will be packing the brolly, because if I do that then it definitely won't rain!!!

Nicky
Nicky

Barbados

Postby Zoesmom » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:27 am

I just went to Barbados.org and its says the weather is currently sunny with scattered clouds and the forecast looks clear. :-)
Zoesmom

Return to Barbados Travel Forum