Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Introducing me

Travel & news discussion about Barbados

Moderator: Lois

Introducing me

Postby Odette » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:05 pm

Hi all members, I've joined up because Ive been to Barbados twice in the last year - having never been before - and fell in love with the island. On my last visit we hired a car and toured most of the island, which was fab. As with lots of tourists, we made loads of friends, from the UK, US and within Barbados itself. Looking forward to going again - when I save up enough. I'm now a poor, poor lowly student. Good to hear your views on where to stay near the Gap that might not be so expensive - the beaches, the clubs, the rum punch, the fishcakes aaahhh
Odette

heyyy

Postby louise » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:06 pm

welcome! yaya afellow bdos lover! Im a poor student 2 and cnt wait til my next trip!
louise

Re: Introducing me

Postby Sandra » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:45 pm

Odette wrote:Hi all members, I've joined up because Ive been to Barbados twice in the last year - having never been before - and fell in love with the island. On my last visit we hired a car and toured most of the island, which was fab. As with lots of tourists, we made loads of friends, from the UK, US and within Barbados itself. Looking forward to going again - when I save up enough. I'm now a poor, poor lowly student. Good to hear your views on where to stay near the Gap that might not be so expensive - the beaches, the clubs, the rum punch, the fishcakes aaahhh

Odette, you might try Crystal Waters Guest House
in Worthing on the south coast. It has inexpensive rooms and a beach bar. It is located right next to Sandy Bay hotel (formerly Sandy Beach hotel). It is perhaps a 10-15 minute walk to the Gap from Crystal Waters. Carib Restaurant (music on some nights) and Club Extreme are only about a block away.
Sandra

places to stay

Postby Dena » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:56 pm

Hi Odette, I am so glad you love Barbados I try and go 3 or 4 times a year. I usually stay at the Blue Dolphin in Dover bottom of the gap it is a guest house which also has studios in the garden the owner Iris who was from switzerland before she married a bajan is one of the nicest people i have met her prices range from 35 us dollers to 65 us dollers depending on the accomodation and when you go she has a web site so look it up. I really think its one of the nicest places to stay.
Dena

Return to Barbados Travel Forum