Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Coral Mist / In-room safe?

Travel & news discussion about Barbados

Moderator: Lois

Coral Mist / In-room safe?

Postby Paul » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:30 pm

Does anyone know if the Coral Mist Hotel/Resort has in room safes? This is very important to me....as it should be to all travelers....and determines whether or not I would stay there. A safty deposit box located at the front desk is not as convenient.
Paul

In room safe

Postby GEM » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:03 pm

No there are no in room safes. It was no big deal to goto the front desk and use the one in the office. Although it is long and narrow and would not hold any camera equipment etc. I would keep things hidden in your room at night as there were 2 rooms that got robbed of money and cigarettes while we were there. This was at night while the people slept so you have to keep the balcony doors locked.
GEM

Postby Nicky » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:48 pm

As Gem said (Hi Gem, we're back ;o( !!!!) there are no in-room safes, but the reception staff encourage you to access the safety deposit boxes asd frequently as you like. We were one of the rooms robbed and with hindsight were probably a bit daft sleeping with the door open, but I have to say that all the staff were genuinely shocked by what happened. It was the first time ever at the hotel that it had happened.

We had a fantastic time there and will go back again for our next trip. The staff are great and the location is great - lovely beach, easy access to most of south coast.

Nicky
Nicky

Return to Barbados Travel Forum