Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Sea breeze condos

Travel & news discussion about the Cayman Islands

Moderator: Skip

Sea breeze condos

Postby Sunny88 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:48 pm

I was looking at these online for a possible stay at the end of May, and can't figure out why they are so inexpensive....I know they are on the north side of the island (away from 7MB) but the place looks gorgeous, and best of all very new. Am I missing something? has anyone ever stayed here or been to the place that could give an honest opinion...I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Sunny88

Postby GCSandy » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:58 pm

Sunny88,
If it's the Seabreeze condos I'm thinking of, Kaibo area, they are very nice condos and new like you said. The down side is the water directly where they are located. It's near a marina and the water isn't the greatest for swimming in. It's a beautiful area and you would have a fantastic view, just not the most inviting water. Don't they have one condo located at the Retreat?? That one would be pure heaven if you could get it. The Retreat is where we always stay and I recommend it highly. During renovation of the Retreat after Ivan we stayd in the Kaibo area in November and we were really disappointed not having the beautiful water like you have at Rum Point.
Sandy
GCSandy

Thanx

Postby Sunny88 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:08 am

Thanx for the quick reply....I am staying at the westin with a pretty good rate and noticed how much cheaper both the seabreeze and Retreat were and wondered "what's up". They look great.

Thanks,

Steve
Sunny88

Postby GCSandy » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:51 pm

Sunny88,
I think the reason they are less expensive is because of the location. Although I prefer the seclusion and quiet of the north side, many people prefer to be in the hub of things such as closeness to restaurants, shopping etc, and so 7MB can charge higher prices.
Sandy
GCSandy

Return to Cayman Islands Travel Forum