Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Thatch Hill Villa

Travel & news discussion about the Cayman Islands

Moderator: Skip

Thatch Hill Villa

Postby Catlover » Sat May 20, 2006 9:07 am

Has anyone stayed at Thatch Hill Villa, if so what was it like, as pictures on the internet can be deceiving. What rental agency did you use and would you recommend them?

Thanks!!

Arlene
Catlover

Postby NorthsideSue » Sun May 21, 2006 4:43 pm

I have never stayed there, but have been in the villa many times over the years. It was built by good friends of my parents. Of course, it has since been sold, entirely remodeled and a pool added. It is on a splendid stretch of beach - ideal location. For a rental agency, I guess I would rec Cayman Villas They have a presence on the island and are very good about inspecting all their properties to make sure they are exactly as represented.
NorthsideSue

Additional Info

Postby Catlover » Mon May 22, 2006 11:03 am

Thanks so much for the response. Is the Thatch Hill villa beach nicer that the Retreat at Rum Point Beach?

Thanks again for the response.

Arlene
Catlover

Postby NorthsideSue » Mon May 22, 2006 2:25 pm

They are pretty much the same beach. I's a pleasant stroll down the beach (to the west) from Thatch Hill to Rum Point. You will have your stretch of beach to yourselves at Thatch Hill, however. Nice white sand, easy emtry to the water, and a reef close by for good snorkeling. If price is not an issue, I would choose Thatch Hill. BTW, even though our family has a condo at North Pointe, if a winning lottery ticket should fall into my hands, I'd buy Thatch Hill in a heart beat!
NorthsideSue

Return to Cayman Islands Travel Forum