Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Hey Sandy (Retreat)

Travel & news discussion about the Cayman Islands

Moderator: Skip

Hey Sandy (Retreat)

Postby Catlover » Sat May 20, 2006 9:15 am

Have you made your reservations at the Retreat at Rumpoint yet? My husband and I are still debating to stay there or in a private home. There are a lot of nice homes out there, but concerned with some of the villa agents as they seem to side step questions that I ask them when communicating by e-mail.

But I find the Retreat agents are very responsive to my questions. Our date that we are looking at for next years is April 21 - 28th.

I am hoping to make some determination within the next 2 - 3 weeks.

I have asked questions on this website but don't seem to get any responses, unlike the USVI forum. We normally stay in St. John, USVI, Argonauta is the villa name, but need a change. Have you been back to Grand Cayman since the hurricane?

Arlene
Catlover

Postby GCSandy » Sun May 21, 2006 10:44 am

Hi Arlene,
We just got back from Grand Cayman 2 weeks ago. We didn't get to stay at the Retreat because they are a long way from being finished. Didn't look like anything more had been done since we were down there in November. If your going next year, hopefully they should be finished. I would still pick them over renting a private villa. One reason is cost and the other is just the location. You can't beat the beauty of where the Retreat is and the water in front. We might run in to you there since we'll be there the last week of April, first week of May. You won't be disappointed with GC. They have done a fantastic job of rebuilding after the hurricane. I wouldn't recommend staying on 7MB, which we did a few weeks ago. Very crowded and the traffic was unbelievable. Not the quiet, secluded paradise that Rum Point is.
Sandy
GCSandy

Info

Postby Catlover » Wed May 24, 2006 5:48 pm

Sandy,

I think I already asked you this before, but..... I'll blame it on age :)

What is the difference in the size of the 2 bedroom and the 2 bedroom deluxe. Are the bedrooms a lot larger, is it really that much of a difference.

Thanks again for all the info.

Arlene
Catlover

Postby GCSandy » Thu May 25, 2006 8:54 am

Catlover, the difference is the location. The 2 bedroom deluxe condos face the leeward north side of the complex and the 2 bedroom condos face windward east side. Also the deluxe have larger lanai's and are a bit bigger. I like the deluxe because of the view and size, but i've stayed in both and both are excellent. Plus deluxe is $50 more a nite. If you don't go deluxe, ask for #17. If you go deluxe ask for #23, #25(the best) or #27.
Sandy
GCSandy

Info

Postby Catlover » Thu May 25, 2006 9:12 am

Sandy,

Are all those units 1st floor level, that is what we prefer. I think we would rather pay the extra $50 and get a better view, etc.

Thanks so much,

Arlene
Catlover

Postby GCSandy » Thu May 25, 2006 10:01 am

Catlover,
Yes, they are all ground floor because that's what we prefer also. The best of the best is #25. We absolutely love that one. The view is the best of all of them. It use to be the nicest in terms of furnishings, but now everything will be brand new so all of them should be really nice. #25 would be my top choice.
Sandy
GCSandy

Info

Postby Catlover » Thu May 25, 2006 10:03 am

What is the 2nd best - as you said you were going the same time as us - so I don't want to claim #25 :)
Catlover

Info #2

Postby Catlover » Thu May 25, 2006 10:04 am

My e-mail is arlcats@aol.com
Catlover

Postby GCSandy » Thu May 25, 2006 11:27 am

Catlover,
Gosh, don't worry about that!!! I'd rather see you get it since it's your first trip. We'll stay in any of the others and love them. Besides, I think we're going to be there the week after you. That's very nice of you though to think about that!! Just go ahead and book!!
Sandy
GCSandy

Postby GCSandy » Wed May 31, 2006 7:42 am

Catlover,
Did you recieve the message I sent you in reply to car rental?
Sandy
GCSandy

Sandy - Rumpoint

Postby Catlover » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:45 pm

Hey Sandy,

Well our reservations are made for the Retreat at Rum Point - April 28th and leaving on May 5th! We reserved Unit 25! I did get your e-mail regarding the car rental. I tried to reserve one at Andy's but I guess it is too early. We want to rent the Grand Vitara as it has four door and would be better for the four of us. I will try reserving in the next month or two.

Have you made your reservations yet for next year?

Arlene
Catlover

Postby GCSandy » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:33 am

Catlover,
I am so excited for you !! You are going to love #25, like I said it really is the best unit in the complex. We are still up in the air about our trip next April. We fell in love with Turks and Caicos during the time we weren't able to go to Grand Cayman because of the hurricane, so hubby is talking about maybe going back there next year. We also found a new island we want to try, Anguilla. Supposedly, Anguilla is alot like T&C, but even more laid back. But, you never know, we might be staying at the Retreat as your neighbors in April, LOL.
Sandy
GCSandy

Return to Cayman Islands Travel Forum