Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Beaches of Cayman Island

Travel & news discussion about the Cayman Islands

Moderator: Skip

Beaches of Cayman Island

Postby dillz » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:08 am

My sister and I are taking our 92 year old mom to GC in February. We would like to visit a nice beach for one day. I am looking for a beach that would have access to the water for an elderly person, a beach that is not wall to wall bodies, and a beach that might offer us a place to sit and enjoy lunch. If they do not offer a restaurant, then at least a bar for a drink! I would appreciate recommendations. -thanks
dillz

Postby GCSandy » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:44 am

dillz,
Rum Point would be an excellent place to take your mom. Go early in the day and during the week, not Saturday or Sunday, (usually crowded). Very easy water access, calm and shallow, and there's a restaurant and beach bar to enjoy lunch. It's one of the prettiest spots on the island. They also have hammocks to enjoy. Rum Point would be the perfect spot your looking for.
Sandy
GCSandy

Sea Grape Beach

Postby cscanlan » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:22 pm

Thought I'd reply regarding Sea Grape Beach. It is very nice like Rum Point Beach. It's up the road on 7 mile beach past the new Ritz-Carlton about a mile. It is very nice with a nice beach pub that has good food, very nice people, beach lounge chairs & umbrella's & easy access to the water. Have a great time. We will be back May 25.
cscanlan

Return to Cayman Islands Travel Forum