West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Peter Island vs Virgin Gorda????

Travel & news discussion about the British Virgin Islands

Peter Island vs Virgin Gorda????

Postby skurtz » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:56 pm

My husband and I are looking for a place to get some much needed R&R. About 5 years ago we went to St. John and loved it. We stayed at Gallows Point. We really loved St. John. We want a place that has great snorkeling.

We are thinking about going to Nevis but was told the snorkeling there is not so great. That's when I looked into Peter Island or Virgin Gorda. Where would people recommend that we stay in Virgin Gorda?

We want a place that is laid back but really nice. If anyone has recommendations of places to stay or other islands I would appreciate it. We would prefer a place on the beach.
skurtz

Postby CaribSurfer » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:58 pm

On Virgin Gorda check out Little Dix Bay (www.littledixbay.com) or Biras Creek (www.biras.com). Both are upscale resorts on a par with Peter Island.

You should know that Biras Creek is on the northeastern tip of the island and is accessible only by boat. If you want to venture to other parts of the island you have to take their launch to Liverick Bay and then go by taxi or rental car. You can also use one of their Boston Whalers to get to nearby islands and cays for great snorkeling.

Little Dix Bay, on the otherhand, is centrally located on Virgin Gorda and it's a short drive to the islands many beaches where you'll be able to access a variety of excellent off-beach snorkel sites.

The Bitter End Yacht Club (www.beyc.com) is not quite in the same category as LDB or BC but it does offer access to sailing, diving and other watersports. It too is accessible only by boat so you'd encounter the same logistical problems exploring the Island as you would staying at BC.
CaribSurfer

Return to British Virgin Islands Travel Forum