West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

water temp/swimming/beaches

Travel & news discussion about the British Virgin Islands

water temp/swimming/beaches

Postby carolbahoric » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:25 pm

I am planning a trip somewhere in the Caribbean between Dec. 17 - Dec. 22 primarily to swim in warm water. Where is the water the warmest and where is the best place to swim either in the BVI or the Caribbean. Also, how difficult is it to get there from Florida & NYC. Thanks. Carol
carolbahoric

Postby Anthony » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:34 am

If you want ease, you should pick an island with a major airport. Getting to the BVI can take several planes and or boats. The water will be warm most everywhere in the Caribbean.
Anthony for Caribbean-On-Line
Anthony
Site Admin

water temp in december

Postby carolbahoric » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:38 am

thanks, Anthony. But how warm? Does the water temp coorelate with the air temp? And therefore the summer months are when the water is hottest? I thought that perhaps the southern most islands might be the warmest. Do you think Aruba has warmer water than, say, Tortola? I want 80 degrees, or a good shot at it. I realize that you can't count on perfect weather or water temps, but i'd like to get the best shot at it. If December isn't the best time to go I would plan my trip for another season. thanks again, Carol
carolbahoric

Return to British Virgin Islands Travel Forum