Search for

Travel Insurance

Get a FREE no obligation quote!

Follow Us:

West Indies Maps
Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

? on how to get to BVI- ship instead of plane? Please help!

Travel & news discussion about the British Virgin Islands

? on how to get to BVI- ship instead of plane? Please help!

Postby Cap'nJack'sWench » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:16 am

Hello,

I am hoping to get a definitive answer here at this board for my odd question. I would love to visit BVI with my husband, but not on a cruise. I would like to stay at a resort/hotel so we can have more relaxation and beach time. My husband will only fly as far as Florida. Is there ANY way possible to fly to Florida, take a ship to somewhere like Tortola, and then stay in Tortola for a few days? We would, of course, have to return to Florida on a ship.

I doubt this is possible, but so far have not been able to find a solid yes or no answer.

Thanks so much!
Cap'nJack'sWench

Postby Anthony » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:01 am

Florida is a long way from the BVI. Look at this map - http://www.caribbean-on-line.com/maps/c ... n-map.html

There are boats that go between most islands - but I think you would end up having to hop from boat to boat to boat, from island to island to island, and it could take forever.

You may be able to get a one way on a cruise ship (one way there, spend a week, and then a one way back or something) - but I doubt it - and you would have to make whatever stops the cruise ship makes in between of course also...

Let us know if you find anything else out.
Anthony for Caribbean-On-Line
Anthony
Site Admin

Return to British Virgin Islands Travel Forum