Page 1 of 1

Bringing My 12 yr. old's best friend to the BVI's

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:54 pm
by kanman90
We are thinking of going to St. John and Virgin Gorda this year. We want to bring my daughter who is 12 along with her best friend who is also 12. We are US citizens, but are concerned about any legalities to bringing her along to stay with us in the BVI's. What are the practicalities of this. Do we just need her passport, or is this more difficult?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:52 pm
by CaribSurfer
In addition to the child's passport you will need a notarized letter from the child's custodial parent or legal guardian authorizing her to accopany you on a trip outside the US . Without that letter she will not be allowed to board the aircraft for the trip to the islands unless one of her parents or legal guardian accompanies her to the airport. Also, although not legally required it would be wise for the child's parents or guardians to give you a medical power of attorney allowing you to arrange for medical treatment for her should the need arise. To the best of my knowledge there are no other requirements.