Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Weather in June - Krystal(El senador)

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Weather in June - Krystal(El senador)

Postby flymdl » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:39 am

Hi myself and my wife to be are going on our honeymoon to Cayo coco on June 5th 2006 for 2 weeks and i was wondering if anyone could give us an insight into the weather and hopefully what its going to be like for us.

We are staying at the Krystal resort which used to be the el senador. It looks very nice and we just want to chill out and relax on the beach.

As we have both never been to Cuba before any infomation would be helpful?

Fly from Manchester with First choice star class premium

Thankyou
flymdl

Postby citizenabovesuspicion » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:35 pm

The weathe in the month of June will be hot,tempartures will be around the 85/90 degree mark.
The ocean will be very warm. There might be the some rain and thunder showers, but they will not last very long. Bring along lots of good sunblocker and use it often.
citizenabovesuspicion

Weather in June - Krystal

Postby renhab » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:52 pm

flymdl,

The weather will be really, really hot. Last year we had weather that ranged from 35 - 45 with the humidex. Bring lots of sunscreen and make sure to stay hydrated with water or fruit juices. You will have a fantastic time and congratulations.

Renhab
renhab

Mosquitoes

Postby CubaLover » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:56 am

Make sure to take mosquito repellant and "Afterbite" or the equivalant, as the mosquitoes can be brutal at that time of year with the rain.
CubaLover

Postby LisaB » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:25 pm

Hi we were in Varadero June 11-17 2005. It was very hot, but fine in the shade and 'not' the hard to breath kind of hot. At night it was muggy and although we love outdoor dining; we actually preferred the indoors for the AC and to avoid the musquitos.

The ocean was very warm, it was a bit refreshing in the morning but as the day went on it became too warm for our liking. The pool wasn't too bad. Just bring lots of musquito repellent and put it on in the early evening; not just when it's dark. I liked the lotion type and I'd put it on like a mosturizer everywhere; even in my hair. I had so many bites and here at home they don't bother me at all. We got there just after a tropical storm so they may have been a bit thick; but we were there at the end of May in 2003 and the mosquitos were pretty thick (but not as bad).

Where sunblock and drink lots of water!

Congratulations!
Enjoy!
LisaB

Return to Cuba Travel Forum