Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Playa Coco Hotel in Cayo Coco

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Playa Coco Hotel in Cayo Coco

Postby sharon » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:34 am

Can anyone give me any info on the playa coco hotel in cayo coco, as i am travelling to cuba and staying there in august.
Accomodation, facilities, food, entertaintment etc, I really would appreciate any views anyone has to offer.
many thanks
sharon
sharon

Postby citizenabovesuspicion » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:27 pm

Go to hotel reviews on this site. There is a current view on file.
citizenabovesuspicion

Postby Rachel » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:41 pm

Hi Sharon
I recently returned from Playa Coco, and really enjoyed the resort, and its location. I have recently posted a review, but if there are any further questions that you have, I will try my best to answer them. I was a little concerned about the resort, having read many negative reviews, but either I have much lower expectations than the norm, or the resort has made a serious attempt to improve itself. If the weather is good and no one gets sick, I am going to have a good time. Fortunately, I had both.
Rachel

cayo coco

Postby sharon » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:55 am

Hi Rachel,
yes I read your reveiw, can you tell me did you see any tarantulas at the resort, as I have heard all sorts of stories and this worries me a bit. I am going in august so you know what the weather is like at that time of year?
thanks
sharon
sharon

Postby Rachel » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:39 pm

Hi Sharon
I did not see any tarantulas, although there was a worker at the resort who had one, apparently as a pet, along with a few other creatures. But, in terms of the rooms, or the premises, I did not see anything. I don't know if they are indiginous to the area. In terms of the weather, August is, of course, hurricane season, so always you take your chances. I often spend summers in Florida, and the weather is pretty similar there. Typically there are isolated thunderstorms almost every day, but they don't last. A bigger concern is hurricanes, but to the best of my knowledge, the Cubans are very seasoned at looking after the population during this type of event. I imagine that they would evacuate the keys like Cayo Coco in the event of a warning .I like to check out www.nhc.noaa.gov during the summer months, and particuarly when I am south. It will give you up to date conditions and projections. Hopefully, you will have perfectly good weather..
Rachel

Return to Cuba Travel Forum