Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Want to help Cuban friend

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Want to help Cuban friend

Postby jojo » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:47 pm

My husband and I would like to help our Cuban friend (great guy) come to Canada. We have a job for him on our farm here, but need a women to sponsor him. We are willing to compensate the right person to do this. If you are a single lady in her 30's or early 40's, live in Ontario, would like free travel to Cuba (Cayo Coco - probably 3 trips) and have an open mind, please email me at thehappyhoggers@netzero.com

Thank you.
jojo

Postby YVR » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:28 am

Jojo, if this Cuban friend is so special and important to you, why would you not try to sponsor your Cuban friend by yourselves?

Involving a stranger, in this case a female, who would be required to marry your Cuban friend, and then go through a divorce, and have a multi-year financial sponsorship obligation with the government, which would rest on her shoulders if your Cuban friend decided he didn't want to work as your farm hand anymore--WOW, that's a very tall order and a huge "favour" to ask of a stranger in a travel forum.

I did ask my daughter if she might be interested in your proposition but she just laughed and told me to beware of trolls.
YVR

Postby citizenabovesuspicion » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:00 am

Anyways, what you are proposing is a crime under the Canada Criminal Code. Did you know that?
citizenabovesuspicion

Return to Cuba Travel Forum