Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

School holidays & selloffs

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

School holidays & selloffs

Postby Bigjohn » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:24 pm

Here in Ontario, the public school break is not over until Jan. 9. Traditionally this time period has the deepest sell-off prices of the winter.
If school is out at the same time across Canada, sell-off prices will not be as low. Just my luck.
What is the back to school date in other parts of Canada?
Bigjohn.
Bigjohn

Postby cubasunbeach » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:30 pm

Bigjohn, this is slightly off-topic, as we also live in Ontario. However, every year we go south with our kids after New Years. We always book this holiday in August. I checked yesterday and found that the cost of the same vacation package to Cuba has risen by 50%!. We always book school holidays well in advance and have always saved money doing this.
cubasunbeach

Holidays

Postby DebInThePeg » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:39 pm

Manitoba is the same, kids returning to school January 9th. Was planning on watching for sell offs too, but already seeing limited availability from Winnipeg.
DebInThePeg

school holidays

Postby tjhogg » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:59 pm

We were lucky. We booked in early October. I get a travel industry magazine and their lead story this week is how the deep sell offs are not going to be available over the holidays this year due to all the damage from Wilma to Cancun. All the tour companies are switching flights to other destinations and discounts will be less. I notice our vacation to Holguin is still available but the price has risen $500 since October.
Tim
tjhogg

Return to Cuba Travel Forum