Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Passport Stamps

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Passport Stamps

Postby clph » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:13 am

Hi there, i am due to travel out to Cuba later this month and my mum is worried that because she has visited usa and that it is stamped in her passport that she may have problems with this? does any one know if this may be a problem? many thanks
clph

??

Postby AdoreCuba » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:24 am

Is she carrying a Canadian passport? She's free to travel anywhere in the world. Cubans don't care where else we've travelled, except perhaps a little jealous that we have the freedom to do so. I had a Customs agent comment on all the Cuban stamps and said I must like it to keep coming back!!

Amo Cuba!!
AdoreCuba

Postby clph » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:27 am

Hi there, thanks for your reply. we are all from the UK with British passports. Just needed to check on this as she was a little worried.
clph

Postby YVR » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:20 am

Tell your mom not to worry! The USA visit noted in her passport will pose no problems when entering Cuba. As a general rule, Cuban Immigration will not stamp your passport, so if you want it stamped, make sure you ask.

Cuba in fact welcomes visitors from the USA and many Americans travel to Cuba via Canada or Mexico. It's the American government that has issues with its citizens traveling to Cuba and depending on the situation, Uncle Sam levies some pretty steep fines if they get caught.

Enjoy Cuba!
YVR

Return to Cuba Travel Forum