Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Single Travel

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Single Travel

Postby dolphin97 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:28 pm

I am wonder a few things if any one here can help me that would be great.
I am travelling with a few freinds, but I am going single they have their spouse. Is their a diff cost for travelling single just so as I know what to expect at time of booking. If so is hteir away to avoid this?
Also seein doradas in veradero for spril for 732 leaving toronto is this a good price or should we wait..Thansk ahead also supersurise is 750 whats your take on that..thanks ahead
dolphin97

Postby Bigjohn » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:07 pm

Many resorts have a 'Single Supplement" It varies from $40 to $280.
Depending on the time of year, many resorts waive the supplement. Have your friends bought their tickets yet?
Bigjohn.
Bigjohn

Single Travel

Postby dolphin97 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:44 pm

Hey and thanks for the quick reply..No they have not purchased yet as we are still checking out prices etc..any more advise would be great. thanks ahead
dolphin97

$$

Postby AdoreCuba » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:17 am

Personally, if you can get away anywhere in the Caribbean, for under $1000 WITH taxes....go for it. As for the single supplement, check the brochures for resorts that don't require it. I travelled all over the Caribbean before I was married, and never paid it. Don't know about Cuba though, as I go with hubby now.

Hasta la Vista
AdoreCuba

Postby tryinginvain » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:50 pm

It does vary quite a bit from resort to resort. I am going to Santiago for about $1130 CAD for 2 weeks incl. taxes and single supplement. I just helped a friend find a trip to Varadero and he is going to the Cuatro Palmas for about $900 CAD for 1 week incl. taxes and supplement. I thought since he was going by himself Varadero would be a good choice, and he can walk right into town from that hotel which he couldn't do from the bigger resorts farther out.
tryinginvain

Return to Cuba Travel Forum