Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

My daughter is dating a Cuban

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

My daughter is dating a Cuban

Postby Lovin' Cuba » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:29 pm

My daughter is dating a resort worker in Cayo Coco and I was wondering if anyone personally knows of any relationships that have been successful between a Canadian Girl and a Cuban man. Cuba is a beautiful place but I know that the lifestyle is very different from ours. My daughter has been with her boyfriend for almost a year and I worry she’s investing a lot of her time, money and emotions into this man without any assurance he’s not dating every other beautiful tourist that he meets. She would be very upset with me if she knew I was posting this (as I know she trusts him) but I was wondering if anyone was headed to Tryp Cayo Coco and could have a look in on him for me. I know this may seem very sneaky but I just don’t want my daughter to be taken advantage of. Thanks

-A concerned mother
Lovin' Cuba

Oh oh

Postby AdoreCuba » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:24 am

Several years ago, my hubby and I were at a resort when the entertainment fella's Canadian wife was there for a week's holiday.

A month later my neice went to the same resort. The entertainment fella, although married to a Canadian, shacked up with my niece's girlfriend for the week she was there.

Even married, they possibly cannot be trusted.

Every week a fresh batch of "girlfriends" arrive. I would certainly discourage her from believing she is the only one.

AC
AdoreCuba

Ps

Postby AdoreCuba » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:15 am

He moved to Canada eventually, but the marriage fell apart after that. All this was told to me by other workers at the resort when we returned and inquired about him not being there. He had returned to visit at every opportunity.
AdoreCuba

Postby Lovin' Cuba » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:37 pm

Thanks for the Reply Adore Cuba
Lovin' Cuba

Postby Kelley » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:18 pm

I am married to a Cuban and have been for 5 years. We have two children together and our marriage is very strong. Having said that we have many friends from Cuba who have married Canadians and have come here. I would honestly say that out of 80 friends only two of them are still married and still living with there Canadian wife or husband.
Kelley

Return to Cuba Travel Forum