http://www.duboischaritablefoundation.com/

The Dubois Charitable Foundation
686681 Hwy #2
RR#1
Princeton, Ontario
N0J 1V0

admin@duboischaritablefoundation.com

From the foundation.........
We will be loading a 40 ft container of Hurricaine relief supplies for Isla de la Juventud on Saturday Sept 13 2008.

We have already secured substantial quantities of clothing and footwear,some matresses and other items. we will be looking to round up, kitchen wares,and utensils, household items, as well as linens, pillows, towels and personal care products ( ie: soap, shampoo, toothpaste and brushes); tools for cleaning up (rakes shovels etc) as well as hammers, crow bars, saws, trowels, nails , drills and various supplies. We are awaiting direction on the kinds of construction materials that are required, and will assist there to a limited extent.The tools, linens and construction materials that we do not receive, we will purchase. Any and all monetary donations received will go to purchase needed materials, and the foundation will pay the ground transportation and shipping costs.
We have already rerouted a quantity of clothing and footwear from our last container which is in transit to Havana, to the victims on the island. The assistance is needed now, and any donations need to be made immediately if we are to assist these unfortunate people when they need it most.
Canuks

Postby Bigjohn » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:52 am

Thanks for posting this canuks.
I will be at the container packing on the 16th. I have a few bags of clothes that my babies have outgrown.
I bought some kitchen pots & pans at garage sales this year which will make it into the sea-can this time too.
Bigjohn.
Bigjohn

Dubois bank direct donations

Postby Canuks » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:52 pm

An update for those who have been asking:
In Canada funds can be deposited directly to the Foundation's account at :

Bank name: CIBC
Transit No: 04752
Account No: 6101712
Account name : Dubois Charitable Foundation

Receipts for tax purposes will be issued for amounts of $25 and up.
Canuks

Postby Canuks » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:17 pm

Hi Guys

Here is more information off the press about Gustov and Cuba. Even if it did not make front page at least some information is out there.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/ ... nnel=10112

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijG5rvEj228

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080831/ap_ ... al_weather
Canuks

Postby Rumrunner » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:43 pm

Bigjohn wrote:Thanks for posting this canuks.
I will be at the container packing on the 16th. I have a few bags of clothes that my babies have outgrown.
I bought some kitchen pots & pans at garage sales this year which will make it into the sea-can this time too.
Bigjohn.

Bigjohn...
it is the 13th buddy, not 1th...

I also will be there and this weekend visiting garage sales... hope to get gomethings donated, but if I have to buy I will.
Rumrunner

Postby Bigjohn » Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:59 pm

Another one stuffed and closed. This one was easier, most things were on skids. Thanks to the organizations that donated everything.
I should be ready for the next one in 3 weeks.
Bigjohn

Return to Cuba Travel Forum