Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Barcelo Solymar

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Barcelo Solymar

Postby sunshine » Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:34 am

Do I go to Barcelo Solymar or not?....there are some good reviews but the bad ones stick in my mind and stop me from making the choice.. please,anyone there over this past 6 wks or so, I would like to hear your opinion about the hotel (all aspects). If anyone has layout pictures or where is the best rooms to book to be close enough to everything except too much noise. Also, the hotel room or the bungalow rooms? help please ASAP. Thanks in advance (tia)
sunshine

Barcelo Solymar

Postby flap » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:52 pm

Have been 5 times, heading for number 6 next month.
I sent you a PM with some information.
flap

Postby Molly » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:32 am

I've been to the Solymar 3 times, with my 4th scheduled for April. By all means go, and don't let those negative reviews cloud your thoughts. It's a great hotel, great location to downtown, with one of the nicest stretches of beach in Cuba. Keep an open mind and you'll be fine.
Molly

barcelo solymar

Postby FE » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:12 am

I have been there 4 times with my children. I was there last end of November for one week and always have a good time. Every time we go there is something better. I have visited and stayed at other hotels in Varadero but always go back to Solymar. I'm sure you;ll have a good time. Check out some of the reviews
FE

Return to Cuba Travel Forum