Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Three weeks in Cuba - Just back!

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Three weeks in Cuba - Just back!

Postby K » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:06 pm

I just got back with my family from a three week trip to Cuba. Before I left I had heard many bad things about the last Resort we stayed in. Arenas Blancas in Varadero was a great Resort, I have been to better in the Holguin Area but none the less it was great. The resorts has a great location were you can walk into the shopping area, nice beach, and fabulous pool. The food was not so bad as I heard it was awful, but noone in my family starved. The nightly entertainment was good on some nights and bad on others it just depended on who was the MC. Aside from that was stayed at an alright resort in Bayamo Sierra Majestia, we also stay in Holguin one night at the Pernik (NOT RECOMMENDED) due to a wedding we attended, and a Hotel in Sainta Spiritus, El Rancho which was nice. Over all we met good people, had great weather, and a very good time.
Kelley
K

Postby Bigjohn » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:44 am

Kelley;
Glad you had a good time. How did you travel while in Cuba? Planes, trains, bus or automobile?
How were the mosquitoes?
Thanks
Bigjohn.
Bigjohn

3 weeks

Postby K » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:58 pm

We travelled by a rental car which broke down once, but it worked out because we were upgraded free of charge. The mosquitos were not so bad in Bayamo, a bit worse in Guardalavaca, and the worst in Varadero.
K

Mosquito's???

Postby Ann » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:48 am

Hi You say that the mosquito's are worse in Varadero??? Im really concerned travelling and staying in Varadero for 11nights and might change my hotel if possible? when you say bad? how Bad??? I've had bad experience in Europe with them and if you have sprays etc... does this not help?
Ann

Return to Cuba Travel Forum