Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Currency Tips!

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Currency Tips!

Postby Ann » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:50 am

Hi, Im travelling from Europe to Cuba next Thursday and I was going to bring Euro with me to convert into the Cuban Currency. I've been told to also bring some US Dollars for tip's? Anyone any advise? Never been to Cuba so Any Help or advise would be great!!!!!
Ann

Postby Bigjohn » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:28 am

Hi Ann
Don't bother with US $. Convert your Euros to Cuban CUC's when you arrive. The US $ is accepted, but the workers prefer to get CUC's as there is no extra conversions for them to do.
Where are you going in Cuba?
Quick tips: I take my own beach towel to prevent any problems with a 'towel card'.
Take sunscreen and insect repellant. Whatever you don't use can be given to workers there who have no access to those items.
Have fun.
Bigjohn.
Bigjohn

1st Trip to Cuba

Postby Ann » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:40 am

Hi BigJohn, that's a million for the information on the currency. We are arriving in Havana stay for 3 nights then we go to Varadero for 11nights!!

Do you know what type of plug adapters are needed? is it 2pin flat or Round? Have adapters for Europe and the US/Canada not sure which ones to bring. Im from Ireland!!!
Ann

Return to Cuba Travel Forum