Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

back from Melia Cayo Guillermo

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

back from Melia Cayo Guillermo

Postby LindaV » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:08 pm

Hello everyone, we are back from our week at the Melia Cayo Guillermo & 2 week adventure tour of Cuba with adventures-abroad.com. It was spectacular.!!!
Thank you Rodraad for your excellent advise on staying at the Melia Cayo Guillermo. The beach is the best in this area...one of the nicest I have been on & I have been thru Fiji, Hawaii & most of the Caribbean. The rooms, food staff are tops for Cuba. What a contrast though traveling thru the rest of the country. The tour shows you the real Cuba in all aspects. We stayed at small historic hotels and you can go to their website to see the itinerary. From the Vinales valley north to Baracoa, slightly isolated in the south...we saw so much. You definately see that the food available at the resorts is not what you get elsewhere, but saying that you gain so much more. The changing scenery, the historic cities & the music everywhere and the people are just magical. There are amazing art galleries without the trappings of "tourist produced art" and the interaction with the locals in smaller areas gives you a well rounded insight into daily lives. We loved Havana, and I could go on & on but please email if you have any specific questions. Love to all & hope you all can go & experience all of Cuba.
LindaV

Postby rodraad2006 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:15 am

You are more than welcome. Rodraad is very happy we could share this jewel.
rodraad2006

Return to Cuba Travel Forum