Page 1 of 1

CPAP Unit - Breezes Jibacoa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:25 pm
by liz1952
I am a Canadian going to the Breezes Jibacoa in March. I have recently started using a CPAP unit and am sleeping better than ever. Question: What is the voltage at the resort, what convertors do I need to bring to ensure that my unit runs. I have fried curling irons in Cuba and don't want to do the same to the CPAP unit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:28 am
by YVR
The voltage at Breezes Jibacoa is 220 Volt. The plug configuration however is the same as we have in Canada which is very unusaly for Cuba, where most resorts have the european style two round prong style.

Check your CPAP unit carefully as it will give the electrical specifications. If the unit is not certified for 220 Volt, you must use a converter. Some, but not all of the rooms at Breezes Jibacoa provide a converter in the closet. Do not confuse a converter with an adaptor. Two totally different things, with completely different purposes.


PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:30 pm
by Radioman
Liz - head to Circuit City (formerly Radio Shack) for a $40 converter as you don't want to mess with your expensive CPAP. Had mine for months but still having a devil of a time getting used to it since I'm a stomach sleeper. Radio Shack is back in Canada too so there may be one where you are too.


PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:14 pm
by YVR
Radio Shack (now Source by Circuit City) sells two models of foreign voltage traveller converter. One is for electricals such as blow dryers or curling irons, and the other model is for things like battery chargers. This is why I suggested that Liz know the electrical specs of her CPAP so she buys the correct converter.