the West Indies
$12.95

Daily flights ?

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Daily flights ?

Postby LisaB » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:31 am

Hi all!

Are there usually daily flights from Cuba to Toronto?

or daily to (anywhere in) Canada from Cuba.

I guess it's seasonal.

Anyone know.

Thanks!
LisaB

Postby YVR » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:29 pm

Depends on the airline LisaB.

Air Canada and Cubana offer regularly scheduled flights between Toronto and Havana.

The charter airlines- Skyservice, Air Transat, etc. usually fly Thursday, Friday, Saturdays and Sundays but the days also vary depending on the final destination in Cuba. There are more flights to Varadero than to Santiago de Cuba for example.

Where are you planning to go in Cuba?
YVR

Postby LisaB » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:54 pm

Hi YVR,

I'm not looking to book; but rather just interested in know this. Mid Jan to mid May; any airline

Ok I since did a 'flight only' search on selloffs website; in a one week period for April; 5 days a week there are 3 to 4 flights daily to Cuba; one day there is 1 flight and one day (Mondays) no flights to TO; but are some to other parts of Canada.

So I'm guessing the flights inbound are the same as the flights out?

My parents recently had an experience on their vacation to St. Martin that got me thinking that it's good to know how easy it is to fly out if you wanted to needed to.

I'll post something on the St. Martin board about their experience. Basically in January they flew in on a Sat ( to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary) that night my dad vomited blood; so they went the hospital Sat night and again Sunday morn; so Sunday afternoon they packed up booked a flight home; but first available flight was Monday morning; 3 connecting flights; 7 am and home by 4pm (long day). They were back in the hospital Sun night till they flew home Monday; but since they got detained in San Juan by customs (grrrr that's another story) they missed their flight and therefore got re-routed and home by 8pm; (what a stressful experience for all).

So I'm just checking around on daily flights to different places. St. Martin only seems to have one flight a week from TO.

It's something to think about; and well another thing to consider is what type of hospitals/medical available.

Thanks
LisaB

Return to Cuba Travel Forum