Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

where is everyone?

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

where is everyone?

Postby sunshine » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:18 pm

The old forum was soooooo busy, where is everyone?
Love to hear hotel reviews etc..may be going down in April to Varadaro and need new updates on hotels. Two yrs ago stayed at Breezes... it was a bid dead for me and wanted to know how the other hotels were at night. Breezes did not even play music during the day! (tia)
sunshine

Postby cmbutcher » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:47 pm

I agree - this seems so quiet now!
And there are not alot of reviews posted for 2006 - was looking for a more recent one on Blau Colonial, Cayo Coco as we're going there in April...47more sleeps!
cmbutcher

Where did we all go?

Postby CubaLover » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:58 am

I was a regular. Couldn't sign on with my orignal name, as it was used?? I come here every 2 mths or so. Don't like the format, and as I was so rudely told. "If u don't like it, don't come back" so I haven't.
CubaLover

YVR

Postby CubaLover » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:38 am

YVR appears to be the only one on here, running up and down the forum answering everyone's questions.
CubaLover

Postby Bigjohn » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:54 pm

I'm here too. I don't know the answers to too many questions so I'm glad others are here!
Bigjohn.
Bigjohn

Re: YVR

Postby YVR » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:36 pm

CubaLover wrote:YVR appears to be the only one on here, running up and down the forum answering everyone's questions.

Geez Cubalover, I hope that's not a problem!

I don't know all the answers either, and yes it would be nice if more would contribute. I'll be the first to admit that this forum isn't what I'm most accustomed to either, but hey, it's here to stay and I've learned to deal with it (and make mistakes too!) What I don't miss about the old forum was all the nonsense. There are several other Cuba forums around that will give all the "entertainment" value a person might be looking for.
YVR

Exactly why I don't come on here................

Postby CubaLover » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:52 pm

Message for YVR:
I mention that you are the only one answering questions, and right away you jump down my throat thinking I am insulting you. Goodbye again. Am so fed up. I should have just stayed away as I intended. First time back, and look at the response I get!! You want to be offended YVR...then be offended. No wonder no one comes on here any more, if they have to deal with this crap. It was strictly a comment that you are the only one answering questions.You must have a lot of time on your hands to answer Each and Every question.
CubaLover

Postby YVR » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:07 pm

Actually CubaLover, I didn't take your comment as an insult at all. Sorry you interpreted it that way.

No, I really don't have a lot of time on my hands which is why you will only find me participating in two Cuba forums- this one and Debbie's. Because my time is limited, I don't go to forums geared towards "entertainment" value. I can recommend more active forums if this is what you are looking for.

You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please everyone all the time. Sorry that you are fed up and angry. May your travels to Cuba always be enjoyable!
YVR

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:15 am

YVR, please answer my questions anytime, I appreciate the input. I too miss the old forum, I miss Rodraad, Nkelly and Gordon who do not seem to answer as often or at all anymore. I come here for help and am grateful when people take their time to try and help. Keep posting.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Postby Bigjohn » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:17 am

YVR is doing people a favour by answering questions. She has the respect of many travellers due to her knowledge gathered on numerous trips. YVR helps. That is the purpose of this forum.
My thanks to YVR and to all who answer and post. This is an information board and people answer according to their experiences and knowledge. I imagine others don't answer because they don't know.
Thanks,
Bigjohn.
Bigjohn

Postby luvthesun » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:36 am

I'm here too,but this year we are going to DR for a change so I am on the that board more often,but if I can answer any questions I do.My other name was Sandras,but I couldn't get in under that either so I had to change.-still a good board to visit
luvthesun

Postby Rachel » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:01 pm

I have, on and off, followed this forum and the previous one, though post very rarely. I appreciate YVR taking the time to answer questions that I have had, and also the questions of others. When on this site, I peruse the "posters" and look for certain people, as I know that their input is going to be thoughtful and based on experience. My hat is off to these people for being so generous as to answer the same type of questions for years in a row. So, thanks to all concerned...
P.S. how did anyone ever make up their mind about a resort before the Internet??? ;)
Rachel

good question

Postby cubakaty » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:08 am

I'll take the time to answer that question. A knowlegable travel consultant that takes the time to travel and pass on her or his knowledge to their clients. This has always been the way I have done my job.If I don't have the answer I will find it! I still think we are not quit dinosaurs yet....lol.
cubakaty

Hmmm...

Postby Iriemon » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:46 am

cubakaty: You're likely a very capable person, and you'll succeed in whatever you try. But Travel Agents are, in fact, dinosaurs. Or soon will be.

CubaLover: YVR seemed, to me, to be responding quite civilly. I really don't think she jumped down your throat at all. Bye.

Irie
Iriemon

Postby nkelly » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:24 pm

Elizabeth wrote:YVR, please answer my questions anytime, I appreciate the input. I too miss the old forum, I miss Rodraad, Nkelly and Gordon who do not seem to answer as often or at all anymore. I come here for help and am grateful when people take their time to try and help. Keep posting.
Elizabeth

I MISS YOU TOO ELIZABETH!!!! I am still here and do answer occasionally but it is very quiet. I have not checked in for one week and there have only been 3 new topics started. I came across a link to an old thread (pre-registration days) and laughed my *ss off at the conversation at hand. I see rodraad here on occasion but not often. Hope he is well and still travelling and enjoying the beaches. I just returned from the DR. Had a great time, weather, resort et all was great!!!
nkelly
nkelly

Next

Return to Cuba Travel Forum