Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

scuba diving - Breezes Jibacoa

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

scuba diving - Breezes Jibacoa

Postby Gail » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:58 pm

We are going out to stay at Breezes Jibacoa at the end of March and wondered if anyone could give us some idea of how much the diving costs please?
Both my husband and I are certified divers. We want to make sure we take enough money with us!

Many thanks

Gail
Gail

Postby YVR » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:30 pm

Breezes Jibacoa used to offer unlimited scuba diving for certified divers until about 18 months ago. This little perk was sadly being abused by many divers and Jibacoa changed their policy.

As a certified diver- make sure you bring proof of certification!- you will be entitled to one free dive per week. Additional dives cost between 25-30 CUC per dive (one tank).
YVR

Scuba Diving -Jibacoa

Postby Gail » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:47 pm

Thanks so much for replying and giving me the info. How sad that the unlimited diving was abused. However, diving still looks very affordable and one free dive is better than none!

I was also a bit alarmed at how many people mentioned a jellyfish problem. Is this a problem in March?

Thanks once again for coming back!

Gail
Gail

Postby YVR » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:28 am

Gail,

We've been to Breezes Jibacoa multiple times, but we've always traveled at the beginning of December. Only once, back in 2001, did we encounter any jellyfish and the resort had a warning posted. We were careful and also knew what to look for. One fellow did get stung and he required medical attention from the on resort doctor.

Jellyfish live in deeper waters and are usually only sweep in shore during very windy and rough water conditions. The week before we arrived at Jibacoa, red flags were out almost every day. The weather, more than the time of year, will be a factor.
YVR

Return to Cuba Travel Forum