Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Leaving Friday for Holguin

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Leaving Friday for Holguin

Postby badboybobby » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:44 pm

I'm off to Holguin for a week, anyone know how much a cheap car to rent is for the 6 days? I was going to get it from the airport, I just need a cheap car with a\c and cd player.
badboybobby

Postby YVR » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:38 am

Love your handle! Are you really a bad boy?

Sorry I can't help because renting a car in Cuba isn't cheap at the best of times and renting from any airport location anywhere in the world, well you always pay a premium for that. Of course it does depend on what you consider cheap.

You might want to consider posting this question at Lonely Planet in the Thorn Tree as I think you'll get more replies there.
YVR

CAR RENTAL

Postby cubakaty » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:27 pm

I am a travel consultant, and a avid traveller of Cuba.
I would advise you that to rent a car in Cuba is very expensive and read the small print on your waiver. North American car insurrance does not cover you for rentals in Cuba. You also have to take into consideration gas stations can be few a far between. If you have never travelled to Cuba before I would advise using the tours and local taxis to get around this first trip. You can also rent a scooter and try a rental car on your next trip.
cubakaty

Return to Cuba Travel Forum