Tourist Islands of
the West Indies
$12.95

Jelly Fish

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Jelly Fish

Postby LindaC » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:34 pm

I am going to Cayo Coco in early April. Someone I work with just came back from the Sol Cayo Coco and said the jelly fish were in abundance. One was swimming right beside her and there were plenty of dead ones on the beach. Does anyone know if there is a jellyfish season in Cayo Coco or Varadero? Thanks.
LindaC

Jelly Fish

Postby Canuks » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:55 pm

Ir is not that there is a jelly fish season ...It seems that they wash asore when there are some big winds that bring them in. We had on 2 days a lot on the beach in November.
http://dive.scubadiving.com/html/200205 ... chart.html
Check this out.
Canuks

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:27 am

we were at El Senador last April, it was rather windy most of the week, and we never saw a jelly fish.
Elizabeth

Postby Rachel » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:55 pm

I just got back (as in a few hours ago) from Cayo Coco, and I did not see one jellyfish. The water was beautiful and clear. I understand from previous posts that the jellyfish will come closer to shore after stormy weather. We had a few days of pretty strong winds, but still no jellies...
Rachel

Postby nkelly » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:28 pm

Hi!
Either I am not looking closely enough or I am simply lucky because I have only seen a handful of jellies in Cuba over the years. Most have been dead on the shore. I saw them by the hundreds in St. Lucia a few years back.
nkelly
nkelly

Return to Cuba Travel Forum