the West Indies
$12.95

Playa Pesquero, Holguin

Travel & news discussion about Cuba

Moderator: Bigjohn

Playa Pesquero, Holguin

Postby steph » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:18 am

Hello,

I'm headed to Cuba for my first time this April. Was wondering if anyone who has been to this resort can give me some pointers on what excursions are available & are fun (aside from the dolphin swim as I do not plan on doing this), where to go for decent diving (I am a new diver, but PADI certified. I'd prefer to take dives that are less deep, and more guided while I am still a young diver), and also, if anyone has any ideas about where to go off-site to get an experience of local cuisine, that would be great too.

Many thanks for any advice!
steph
steph

Postby -Advisor- » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:34 pm

Try the Jeep Safari. You can book it through the tourist bureau at hotel. They will do some of this:

...."departure from the hotel to Banes. Visit to the aboriginal cemetery of Chorro de Maíta and the Aldea Taína. Visit to Boca Samá an interesting historical and photographic center. Visit to family doctor’s office. Visit to a farmer’s house so as to know rural life in Cuba, as well as Cuban ways of cultivation. In Banes, visit to a cigar factory, and free time in the historical center of the city. Return to Playa Esmeralda. Lunch at El Conuco de Mongo Villa, with typical Cuban food and one drink included. Visit to the reproduction center of typical fauna. Return to the hotel around the end of the afternoon"....

You will be able to drive your own jeep, so you must have a driver's licence.
-Advisor-

Postby citizenabovesuspicion » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:01 pm

citizenabovesuspicion

Return to Cuba Travel Forum