the West Indies
$12.95

Curacao Schools

Travel & news discussion about Curaçao

Moderator: els

Curacao Schools

Postby Golf&Dive » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:22 pm

Hi All,

Last fall we were in Curacao (our 3rd trip)during the month of October. During the week we were there the local children were off of school for the week. As a result, some of our favorite places, like Porto Mari were very crowded with school children. Not my idea of a nice quiet vacation for two.

We are considering another trip this fall, possibly mid-October. However, before booking the week I wanted to find out what week the school children will be off this fall so as not to book our trip at the same time.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Golf&Dive

Postby els » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:07 am

Hi,
I don't know the exact date yet, but usually it is the second week of October schools are closed for one week (say around 8-15 October). So plan your trip after the 15th.
Els
els

Postby Golf&Dive » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:54 pm

Thanks Els,

I seem to recall last year the time off of school coincided with the Regatta in Bonaire. Is that normally the case?
Golf&Dive

Postby els » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:26 pm

the Bonaire regatta is 8 - 14 October, so I guess school holiday is in the same period, the second week of October.
Els
els

Return to Curaçao Travel Forum