the West Indies
$12.95

Directions from CUR to Lodge Kura Hulanda, other questions

Travel & news discussion about Curaçao

Moderator: els

Directions from CUR to Lodge Kura Hulanda, other questions

Postby adelphis21 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:47 pm

Hi there

I plan to visit Curacao last week of October. Definitely want to rent a car to explore the island on my own.

How difficult is it to navigate from the airport to Lodge Kura Hulanda? My flight arrives at 8pm, so I'm a little concerned about driving in an unfamiliar area, especially after sunset.

could anyone provide directions? any other driving and parking tips would be welcome. I think I got most of my food questions answered by reading the rest of the forum.

cheers.
adelphis21

Postby els » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:14 pm

Hi,
it is about a 45 minutes drive to the Lodge at Westpunt, taking in account you'll drive at the 'normal' speed of 50-60 miles/hour (70-80 km/hour). Don't mind the ones that will overtake you, better save than sorry. The official speel limit is 60 km but if you drive at that speed, almost everyone will overtake you ...
The directions are simple: from the airport drive westwards (the sea at your righthand side) to a big roundabout with a metal arch and lizard. Turn right here in the direction of Westpunt. Just stay on this road, it will pass Landhuis Ascencion (open house every first Sunday of the month), past the Christoffelpark. After a sparcely inhabited part you'll near Westpunt (which is just a small cluster of houses, don't look for a real village!)there you'll see a traffic sign with directing you to Playa Kalki. At the corner of where you are to turn right, you'll see a big sign directing you to Kura Hulanda Lodge. After passing the graveyard and just before the game field, turn left (there is supposed to be a sign at this corner, but the last time I was there, it had disappeared). Drive carefully, it is a whindy road. Just follow this road, it will lead you to the Lodge.
Have a good time!
Els
els

Postby nickis » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:18 pm

If you need a printed direction go to Budget rental car and you can get directions, but Els never fails with the best way. Look on there site for directions give a easy to use map.
nickis

Postby adelphis21 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:48 pm

thanks a lot for the help, els. I'll be sure to get a map as well. looking forward to the adventure.
adelphis21

Return to Curaçao Travel Forum